1. About this notice
This privacy notice helps you understand the purpose for which we collect, store and use your information.
We may need to update this notice from time to time, but we will inform you when we do. You should read this notice with our Hazendal website terms
If you have any questions, please contact us at 021 903 5034 or at email@example.com
2. We collect and use your personal information
3. We may share your information with our trusted suppliers
We use suppliers and service providers who we trust to help us provide our services to you. They have agreed to keep your information secure and confidential, and to only use it for the purposes for which we have sent it to them.
We use other companies to
- provide our services to you, such as our online booking system
- help us manage our business, for instance accountants and professional advisors
Sometimes we will be required by law to share your information, for instance, to comply with health and safety legislation.
We may have to share your personal information to protect your or another individual’s vital interests, for instance in a medical emergency.
4. We send your information to other countries
Some of the service providers that we use may be located in other countries. These countries may not have the same levels of protection of personal information as South Africa. If this is the case, we require that our service providers undertake to protect the personal information that we share with them to the same extent that we do.
5. How we protect your personal information
We have implemented reasonable security safeguards based on the sensitivity of the information to protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. But no system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
Although we cannot prevent all security threats, we have measures in place to minimise the threat to your privacy should something happen. We will let you know of any breaches that affect your personal information and inform you how you can minimise the impact.
6. You have the right to be informed about the personal information we have, and what we do with it
Your personal information is protected by the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). The POPIA prescribes how personal information must be collected, used and stored in order to protect the information and your privacy. The POPIA creates an Information Regulator, who is responsible for ensuring that organisations manage personal information in a responsible manner that respects your privacy.
You have the right to
- ask what personal information we hold about you
- ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you
- object to the processing of your personal information
You can request access to the information we hold about you or correct your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may take us up to 21 days to respond to your request, because there are procedures we need to follow. In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity.